things are busy. Of late, we have been busily getting organized so that we can have a decent number of boxes come moving day. Not that we're leaving in the next 2 months - but I think over the past 4 years, we have really amassed a big chunk of stuff - that it's highly imperative that we sort and recycle.
We have gotten rid of our Ikea coffee and side tables, some of B's comics and a lot more for garage sale items will be put up on a list in a few weeks or so. Come to think of it, when we moved in to the townhouse, we only had very few furnitures - now, we are getting rid of almost everything - so yes, we're saving for new furnitures (living, dining, and maybe a new mattress) in time for the new digs. Soon, we'll announce when we will have the garage sale.
Yesterday, we got final word about B's lower back condition. The MRI revealed that he is showing herniated disc among other medical terms that are too complicated to understand but bottomline was, he needs to go under the knife. Dr. K told him that we're looking at about 6-8 months waiting time as he would like to get the doctors that he knows and highly recommends for his patients - thus, the wait. It is quite disheartening - but, you gotta do what you have to do. I really hope this resolves his lower back condition though. While it's not life-threatening, the thought of him having surgery gives me shivers. But, I know that God heals and He will bless the hands of the doctors who will operate on my husband.
There's so much to blog about - but I thought there are some things left unsaid for now. We are blessed despite the challenges. Life is beautiful.
Wednesday, May 30, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
hope B will be much better after the surgery. my prayers are with you.
Thanks sis. Much appreciated. :)
weng, my mom had herniated disk too, hers was not that grave though, but she wasn't able to move properly for a month, she had to sleep on a very flat bed, i had to help her bend, go to the bathroom, she practically moved like a robot and she had to live on steroids and physical therapy...
B, is young, he can easily get over it, so don't worry...my thoughts and prayers are with you...you're there to support him naman...i'm pretty sure everything will be A-OK..
Thanks Sharonel for the words of comfort... *hugs* I didn't know that your mom had the same diagnosis. B had a bit of that problem too (as your mom) and that's why we're looking at changing our mattress too so it won't aggravate his situation... Talk soon... take care!
Hi Weng. Sorry to hear about Brian's back. I know I didn't see the MRI so I don't know how bad it looks and I don't know his symptoms. In my practice, I treat patients with herniated discs conservatively. Majority of back problems can be treated that way and in fact does improve with it. I send my patients for physical therapy, and sometimes if they really have a lot of pain for epidural steroid injection. USually, I send patients for surgical consult after 6 months of failed conservative therapy which includes medications and PT, or if they have weakness in their limbs or they are having really severe pain.
Again take this with a grain of salt especially I don't know Brian's symptoms and I haven't examined him.
TAke care!
Thanks Marj! :) I appreciate the 2nd opinion from a respectable MD like you!!! B's back was a chronic thing - that I think went back as far as maybe 8 years ago when we was playing small league hockey. Right now, he's just doing a lot of stretches and yes, he has seen a physio, chiro, massage therapist. The next one he's going to try will be acupuncture. I'm not a big fan of surgery but over the past year, he's been having this major back problem - so, hopefully, there's something good that could come out of the alternative meds.
Take care.
Post a Comment