Thursday, January 04, 2007

What's for lunch?!?!


Happy New Year!!!

With 2007 just ushering in, I have made a resolve to cook and eat fresh (as opposed to take out and / or frozen) and try as much as possible to make healthier food for both B&I. Truth be told, I've been eating leftover ham and turkey sandwiches - and since the chicken has been marinade-ing for almost a week now, we thought it's time to have this sent to the grill and eat it!

Jamaican Me Hungry (from Eat, Shrink and Be Merry) is a staple in our household. It is spicy (but not Middle Eastern-smelling) as my husband is too picky on that smell. Duh!!! So, a good compromise is this. It's a Carribean jerky-chicken and the secret to it's awesome smell is the cinnamon and nutmeg. :)

I was hoping to just steam some vegetables but Barefoot Contessa's JalapeƱo-Cheddar cornmeal bread was so enticing - I thought I'd give it a shot as I've never baked a cornmeal in my life. lol I know it's super easy to do but the recipe of Ina Garten looks so delectable, I knew I had to try it at least - and last night, I had the chance to do so. ;) As I'm such a sucker for home-cooked meals now, I made quite a batch (enough to feed an army, actually! hahaha) - so we can just indulge anytime we want - and maybe, share to my sister - 2 doors down from us.

So, guess what I had for lunch!?!? :)

1 comment:

flowerdrumsong said...

hey ana! :)

i can fed-ex some to you! lol how is wedding preps? and are you still in UK or you've come home?

take care!