Berns got me tagged. lol So, in the spirit of fun and show-and-tell, here is my reply to: 5 Things About Me That People Don't Know About.
1. My secret (well, not so secret now that I'm blogging it, lol) dream career was to be a stage/play/broadway performer. When I was about 7 or 8, my mom brought us to a stage production of Mirandolina. I thought, stage acting was cool because they would memorize their kilometric lines and there's no take 2 when they commit a mistake! I thought, wow - they must work really hard and be very confident to face those hundreds of people watching them. That thought has been on my mind and that's the reason why I love, love, love watching stage/broadway shows. If I can't be in them, I'd just patronize them! ;)
2. In gradeschool, my sister (J) and I along with our distant-cousins won PaTINIKan contest of Kulit Bulilit (ok, so I'm THAT old!) hahaha. I think we were in Bangus team. (Note: Kulit Bulilit is like a trivia/educational game a la Quiz Bee and was a spinoff show of Kaluskos Musmos - an educational child-show similar to that of Sesame Street). Oh, we were the pride of Filmore for a while! hahaha (Filmore is our place in Makati). We won tons of goodies but we did not return for the semi-final because it was exam week for all of us. Dang, we could have won trips to Cebu or Davao! ;)
3. I collect/keep tons of paper bags. B would tease me to no end about this. I hate wasteage so I don't throw away the paper bags. I recycle them by using it all the time - to hold my lunches or my (change) shoes, etc.
4. In Grade 2, I learned the essence of assertiveness. L, who is known as the Sanrio girl and sat behind me in class - accused me of stealing her My Melody eraser. She even went to the point of telling our teacher (Mrs. A - who I don't particularly like as she's known to take 'bribe' from parents - you know how things were in gradeschool, right?!?!?) Anyhow, Mrs. A asked all of us in class to dump our things on our desks so she can inspect our stuff and found that I had a My Melody face pack. (You know, those small little napkins a la Kleenex with small toothed-comb and mirror). As I'm the only one in our class who has that type of "sanrio" (most have either a Little Twin Stars or Hello Kitty), I was the prime suspect. And you know what the teacher did - she raised my MM face pack and wanted me to produce the 'eraser'. I was aghast but I did not buckle down. I did remember throwing her a one-liner that went like this. "Mrs. A, I may not be rich as L but my parents taught us to not steal." I saw the face of our stupid teacher grow red and my classmates applauded me. I knew I said something more to the effect that - why would I be a suspect just because I just happen to be the only one in class with a My Melody stuff? And, why would I steal an eraser when I have one?!?! (Then I showed my Mongol pencil, hahaha with that white and silver (forgot the name) eraser that I always use for my Math exam!) L, then, who was crying initially probably realized that her drama won't be bought by the class - then, sheepily took out her eraser for her skirt pocket and said, oh, I didn't realize it's still with me. DUH! Now, you know who has more credibility and why at a young age, I thought I should be a lawyer! hahahaha
5. When eating bread, I am not one to eat the 'ends' or for a wheat/white bread loaf, I don't eat the top part because I thought it's gross. However, I do eat the bread I bake - crumbs and all. ;)
Now, let's tag the following:
1. Sharonel
2. Marj
3. Luzel
4. Faye
5. Alynn
Just doing it for fun and nice to know, girls!!! ;)
Thursday, January 25, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
hi there weng! heee, thanks for being such a sport and allowing me to "tag" you :o)
haha, you're not old sis, i also belong to the same batch of kids who grew up watching kulitbulilit :o) it's funny bec i realized we have some things in common as well as i dont eat the ends of bread loaves for some reason and i always keep paper bags as well ( i have tons in our closet, im not sure why i can't toss them out, it feels like i have to keep them all) heee!
i hope i can get this msg posted this time since i've been trying to post comments on your blog several times already but for some reason, it didnt allow me to..
take care girl.. hugs!!
Love the grade school story :) Kainis naman your classmate. I wonder where she is now and what's she doing. Politician kaya?
hi, weng! i felt good though after doing that! really! but the fact remains i still can't do it all the time... may fear of heights pa rin. hehehe. o di ba bigla akong naging Ms. Guess! lol. thanks!
Marj,
Last I heard she's based in the US and is still being loathed by some folks (in our batch) because of her being tactless and her unpleasant behaviour. She left our school after maybe Grade 5 or 6? because her dad was an illegal recruiter (daw) and has victimized some parents in our class who wanted to go abroad then. I guess that's the reason why she had tons of Sanrio products! hahaha
shame on that girl for implicating you! but i hope for her sake, she has changed.
Hey Ana! ;)
Ahhh... I hope so too - such attitude is never something anyone can emulate!!! Thanks for dropping by! ;)
hi weng!love stage program too esp. miss saigon...ill answer this when i get a chance to use the net again...tc! miss ko na winter...hehehe
Post a Comment