I wish! :) Ahh... cooking and baking are two of the newer hobbies I've taken on - thanks to living up to the goal of eating 'good' and healthy! ;) I have been constantly trying on new ways of eating without the guilt - so who would ever think that cottage cheese can be a very welcome addition to a pastry dough?!?! I snagged an Epicurious recipe because B got him a huge tub of cottage cheese but has not gotten around to eating it. So, I thought I'd use it and my, oh, my - I got really good accolade from my co-workers who dugged in and ate it with much appreciation! Yay!!! (Ok, I'm shallow - but heck, I have NOT tried doing something pastry-like, complete with a dough!) lol So, indulge me with my rave! hahaha

Today, for L's send off (she's moving to the oil&gas - lucky girl!), I made a Cottage Cheese Regulach (supposedly a Jewish pastry although to me, it looks like a healthier version of cinnamon mini-roll). The filling was easy - slivered almonds, brown sugar, vanilla extract and cinnamon. Voila!
Several weeks ago, I thought I'd use the whole wheat pita bread that's still freezing in our fridge. With some thyme, olive oil, prosciutto and lite gouda cheese,

Bewedged (from Eat, Shrink and Be Merry) came into being - and gone in 2 minutes! :) Healthy snacking and no wastage for sure! :)
Have a great weekend!
2 comments:
you seem like you're settling in nicely to your new domesticated role. keep those food posts coming. i need the inspiration right now.
girl! I finally got around to posting the recipe.... sorry, life got in the way! hahaha hope you enjoy them...and may the move and wedding planning go smoothly! :)
Post a Comment