Thursday, January 18, 2007

When a Man loves a Woman...

He'd do everything in his power to keep his girl. And marry her, and you create destinies together - to live happily ever after.

I am inspired today. I felt a big surge of happiness and maybe because all our stressors are slowly fading away. Everyday, as I go thru my prayer time, I thank God for all we have - the good, the bad, and the ugly. That's how we were raised in our household. Mom taught us to appreciate what we have and to be the best we can be - especially in choosing our lifetime partner.

I have very high standards - thanks to the meetings I attended in Greenhills (ALNP) - we are taught to have laundry lists of what we wanted for a partner. We had "Essentials" and "Nice-to-have" (dang, forgot the correct term maybe because I'm always focused on ESSENTIALS). My no-compromise, I'd rather be a spinster than end up in an unhappy relationship list is like my mantra. It's THAT or NOT.

My list looks like this:
1. God-fearing
2. Conversant and smart (not necessarily geek-intelligent but that's not bad too! lol)
3. Has a great sense of humour
4. Loves his family and respects his elders (I've met a lot of a**holes in my life, I don't want to end up with one, lol)
5. Neat (meaning, he does not stink and not baduy. lol)
6. Ambitious or forward-thinking (I can't stand lazy people!)
7. Spiritual (so even if I'm raised Catholic, I was expanding my horizons here. lol)
8. Will love me till we both are old and gray.

Who would ever think that ALL of these (and more) will actually be granted by Him?! It did take me more than 3 decades to finally meet the guy - but we did find each other. And it's amazing how when we find the "ONE", we just know. Crazy, but we just know.

The list I wrote would be an enumeration of what my husband is. How wonderful that it all just pans out well - without me knowing it! :) It is awesome how the universe aligns so we realize our gift. And, I seldom write about that. That's why today, I am.

B is an answered prayer. Out of the men I've met, he alone has proven to be the 'essential' one. Every morning, we laugh and push each other to get up - mostly him, dragging me out to the bathroom because I don't like getting up at 6:00am. And he gives me a hug, and he'd kiss my forehead, telling me how much he loves me. It's like that every weekday. Same routine and we don't seem to get tired of it.

I've read it before that if a man loves a woman - he wouldn't let the girl cry. I thought that's true - because a man should not deliberately hurt his girl. And B is someone who couldn't even hurt a fly! Well, he can swat the spider (he hates bugs! hahaha) but he is someone you can call when you are trapped in a snowstorm, needed to paint your house, or just ask a ride for when you're stranded. He's a very good man.

I don't know what came over me today. I just wanted to write and let this out. I love you, B - forever and ever. Thank you for being in my life and I look forward to our greatest adventure together.

No comments: