Sunday, June 17, 2007

What a week!

Nope, it's not that exciting... but I have to say, the 2.5 days I spent at work was probably the shortest week I've ever had in my whole work-life. I've never been consecutively absent for 2 days - but nope, not this week.

So, Wednesday at 10am, I have this huge spasm going on in my lower tummy. At first, I couldn't describe it (it's worse than a usual dysmennorhea) but not as bad as to cause vomitting. I went to see the nurse in the 2/F and for the first time in my life, I had Pepto Bismol. YUCK!!!!!!! It did help for the next hour but at 1230, my tummy was gurgling like crazy - I was scared that I might have aliens in my stomach. Gah! :(

I asked the nicer boss that I'll skip the Departmental meeting. At this point, I'm too dang scared to even eat because I don't understand what the heck is happening with me. My earlier tete-a-tete with the nurse revealed that there are far more worse cases than me and the 'victims' were the people from the 2/F and some were students. She strongly advised me that I should just go home and of course, see my family doctor.

V did encourage me to go home. The other impaktitang boss was dismissing my 'sickness' - saying that it's normal that I have slight fever. Gaga talaga. But, I did went skip the rest of the day so I can wait 1.5 hours in the walk-in clinic. Nice, isn't it!??!?!

Dr. K was surprised to see both B & I in the waiting room. (B insisted I go with him in the room as he's being fed by his co-workers that I might have ectopic pregnancy - hello!!!! - that's why I'm having the bad stomach ache and it didn't matter apparently that I still have my period. geez!!!) The good doctor was always very professional and friendly - and gave me a diagnosis that I have gastroenteritis. He recited the symptoms like he was seeing a crystal ball. He told me to not bother to go to work and was sure to give me his medical note so nobody from the College will wonder where the rest of my next two days will go. And, he assured us that - no, there's very slim possibility of the pregnancy as my symptoms were exactly how things are with the 'bug' that's going around.

So, my Thursday and Friday was spent with going up to the washroom to sit on the throne, watch a Food Network, HGTV (home & garden) marathon. Heck, I didn't even open the computer for the whole time! But, I love the lazying around somehow.

Tomorrow is another work week - and I just checked my work email and voice messages - and I have to say, I dread going back! Too bad, we didn't win the lottery, I could be bumming around and still have moolah. lol

On the lighter side, because I felt so deprived with having to eat normally, I asked for my 'revenge' and used the gift certificate we had from our wedding to Ric's Grill http://www.ricsgrill.com/alta.htm at 14th Ave. OMG, everything was perfect. From the toasty and light bruschetta to my mixed seafood grill (of scallops, shrimp, halibut and wild salmon) to B's 13 oz ribeye steak - to the freshly baked desserts of chocolate cake with raspberry puree and orange spiced rum cake. And yes, I even had Ontario riesling!
What a way to cap the week... fine food and a better tummy... I just hope this would mean better days for me as being sick sucks.

No comments: