Friday, June 22, 2007

Summer is here!!!!

Yesterday was the official start of summer and what great way to start the season with sales after sales in the malls and tours of broadway artists - as well, concerts and musical performances of great singers and bands.

I know it might sound a bit cheesy but because we can't find anymore tickets to the Blue Man Group (and heck, it's still going to be in September but tickets are on 'auction' only basis, bleh!) - I thought about checking Ticketmaster.ca and found an even better deal. Guess who's visiting Calgary for the AWAKE Tour??!!?

The one and only and 2nd-to-my-husband's cute-ness, Josh Groban!!! ;) (So, we're a groupie, sue me! hahaha) We both love his sound. Soothing, calming, cool and his lyrics are so meaningful. Never mind that half of his selections are in Italian or Spanish. hahaha
Frankly, when I first saw Josh in Ally McBeal, I was smitten instantly and I couldn't believe that he was doing all those baritone singing then. I'm like - is he lipsync-ing? Of course, we all knew that this guy has incredible talent and that small stint he had at Ally McBeal sprung him to more guest appearances.
Needless to say too, that his songs were part of the repertoire of our wedding. B always mimics Josh for the You're Still You song and we still always have goose bumps listening to The Prayer duet of him and Charlotte Church. His voice is hunting and very soulful indeed. When B and I are both feeling stressed after a long day at work, we put on his Awake album and we are definitely refreshed.

We're excited to see him in person!!!! ;) Can't wait for August 15th!!!

No comments: