Monday, March 26, 2007

Spring is coming!

We are almost one done with the first quarter of 2007 - what have you done?!?!

1. Got a 5 year US multiple visa in February. ;) Ok... so most of you probably knew that I'm not a big fan of Uncle Sam (don't hate him - just not a big groupie because I'm in love with Europa for visits and of course, because I appreciate our Great White North after being transplanted here from the Pearl of the Orient Seas). So, yes, we probably need to get our list of 'neighboring' places to see - and friends and families to connect with! :)

2. Passed my provincial exam in late Feb after 2 months of gruelling studies. That dang quals was a pain in the tush but the provincials was wayyyyy easier!!! So, you're now looking at a certified financial broker. ;) Just not dabbling with stocks yet.

3. Learned to bake - from scratch. I now have a big love affair with the KitchenAid blender, the rolling pin, parchment paper (should I really need to invest on a silipat?) and learned that the ice cream scooper is the next best thing to having a 'perfect' muffin/cupcake. ;)

Other things we're excited about:
1. Our tulips are starting to spring from the ground! Yay!!!!
2. Will really have to start going on my citizenship papers.
3. And my learner's. (long story - but you gotta do what you gotta do!!!)
4. Getting into our first home. WE WILL DO IT!!!
5. Weddings - my cousin's in June, Sharonel's and Luzel's in December

I have more in the list but I gotta work now. lol

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

wahoo!!!..congratulations..that's a lot of accomplishments...any chance of you going to the washington dc area?...wow! you have tulips...i planted lavenders last year and was hoping it would grow back but our friendly neighbor decided to pull it out..she thought it was weeds!

flowerdrumsong said...

hey gf! ;) thanks for stopping by... i still owe you my reply... will get to that today..promise! ;) ohhhh - the visits... we definitely will let you know about that!!! ;) you and my friend Malet are within the same area so most likely we would - we'll see on 'when' exactly that would be though. :P take care and talk soon!!! :)

Faye said...

uy so many things accomplished! so when can i see you?! hehehe

flowerdrumsong said...

faye!!! ;) don't worry, once we hit the east, we will make sure that we'll stop by and connect... stay tuned! :)

Marj and Carlos said...

I haven't accomplished much except get bigger :P

flowerdrumsong said...

Marj: You have, by far, the noblest of all accomplishments! :) Many people would want to be in your place - believe me... I, included. :) Take care, girl.