Thursday, March 15, 2007

Food Network junkie.

Over the past years, I have been a faithful fan of Food Network - even when I was in Manila. I guess I've always loved cooking but never really dabbled on it until I went to Canada. Back home, you have people serving, cooking, cleaning the house for you - and the opposite is what I have here. So, if I want to 'live', I should at least learn how to cook!



You must have known my love-affair with Party Dish. Trish Magwood was my biggest influence on how our bridal registry was formed and chosen. lol We stuck to the basic whites - but we chose the ones with some funky shapes - but white - classic, timeless yet fun! :)



Then, one of my other favorites is Ina Garten of the Barefoot Contessa fame. I fell in love with her garden - sheesh, she grows all her herbs from her backyard - am totally envious!!! Someday soon, I hope - I'll be able to do this as well. :) And thanks to her, I am instantly smitten by the simplicity of her food yet the styling is oh-so-perfect, I would probablyl have second thoughts eating it - because it's plated/arranged beautifully!



Now, after being here for four years, I have been bitten by the 'baking' bug - thanks to the many episodes of Barefoot Contessa. Tonight's fare is cranberry-orange scones from her cookbook. I thought it's just awesome if one can make it - from scratch. Bring on the tea and have something totally fresh and melt-in-your-mouth goodness!


Bon apetit!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

wow, the cookies looks yummy. penge naman :D happy cooking!

Lor said...

W, I'm totally a food network junkie too!! I'm eating a scone, drinking tea and watching Barefoot Contessa RIGHT NOW, even before I read your post! Ha!

flowerdrumsong said...

Ann! :) I'll FedEx them to you?!?! :) Let me know your email and I'll give you the recipe. :)

Lor: Whoa, that's the life!!! ;) I hope you and little Sofie are doing great! :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Weng!

I love watching Ina Garten on the food network. I wish i had more time on my hands so that i can hone my baking skills more.

Happy baking! :)

mai said...

I saw Barefoot Contessa for the 1st time last Saturday (We have a really old tv with rabbit ears and no cable thats why ngayon lang). She looks so poised and calm while cooking, and she made these blueberry muffins yum! Tapos she had lunch with her daughter (?) and daughters friends in the garden. Haaay, the life.

flowerdrumsong said...

Mai,

I agree - that's the life indeed!!! :) And Ina has a knack of making simple food look absolutely divine! I did see that episode too and those gals in university were her niece and her niece's friend...