Thursday, November 20, 2008

Healthy Eats.

Our desire to keep a healthy lifestyle means we should consume more fish and not just proteins from poultry or beef. So, aside from hitting the Wii Fit as a past-time (and exercise), we vowed to eat smartly as well.

Jamie Oliver's Cook with Jamie inspired me to tackle cod and organic bacon. I love fish and anything from the sea but B is not a big water-creature eater. However, with anything boneless of a fish, he'd gladly consume so we had a happy medium here! ;)




The fish was tasty and thanks to the bacon, the food was naturally enhanced with some saltiness. I paired it up with freshly-made pesto and whole wheat pasta. And voila, we have a quick dinner that is healthy, organic and delish! ;)



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Care to share the recipe? :) I so like Jaime Oliver but I haven't tried any of his recipe yet. I've been craving for fish since the last week (obviously we're eating meat most of the time). I tried to cook fish this week but it didn't turn out well. I guess the fish in itself wasn't fresh anymore and the smell was really bad. :( Any tips on how to buy fresh fish as well? di ako marunong! :)

Gracie said...

mmm, looks yum! good combination yan ah! i'll suggest this to hubby (sya kse ang better cook sa 'ming 2)

flowerdrumsong said...

hey girls! ;)

wanda: sent you the recipe in FB - check your inbox. ;)

gracie: yes, lovely combination - let us know how you like it when your hubby makes it for you ha! ;)

Pia said...

we've got the same cookbook, and i absolutely love this fish dish! aldo made pa his own mayonnaise (recipe in the same book) so it was really good! have you tried jamie oliver's mushroom risotto? it's super good!