Saturday, July 19, 2008

Cheater's cheesecake.

When trudging on unfamiliar territory, I will have to admit, I do shortcuts. Today, it's cheesecake.
My love affair with cheesecakes started when I sank my teeth in Red Ribbon's blueberry cheesecake several moons ago. I guess I grew up with a Goldilock's chiffon cake mentality that to find some other variety then was a big discovery for me! hahaha You know how it is right - when you're not familiar with it (we're brand conscious even with food, gah!!!) you would not try it! So, at one point, I was like that too. (*blushes*) Imagine my delight when I realized that aside from the 'usual' mala-espongha cake - there are actual some other stuff available for me to enjoy!

Cheesecake is great - although it's not always my favourite. But, I have a light cream cheese in the fridge that's screaming "use me now!" and I have a Tenderflake deep dish pie in the freezer so hey, I read the recipe on the box and there - my very first attempt at cheesecake.

Yes, I cheated! :P On this post, you will see a thawed out deep dish pie from the freezer and a cherry pie filling from the can. Nothing fresh except for the lemon rind and lemon juice and the 2 eggs, sugar and the cream cheese that were blended. It's a quick treat though! :)
So, in essence - this is like a 30 minute quick dessert - from start to finish! The thawed out pie crust is scored (yes, I get carried away with pricking them lol).




Then, your blended cream cheese, 2 eggs, 1/4 c of sugar and lemon rind are poured out on the shell. Bake at 350F for about 20 minutes.




Once the "pie" is set, let cool. Once cooled, leave in the fridge for about 15 more minutes. Meanwhile, ready your 'topping'. I used a generic cherry topping and I mixed it with a tablespoon of fresh lemon juice and a few sprinkling of sugar.



Voila, a super duper easy and fast cheesecake. Here's a sliver for you!


Bon apetit! :)

3 comments:

Faye said...

hi weng! musta na? i've always wanted to learn how to make a cheesecake. maybe i'll try this. :) tc.

Crinklynose said...

hi weng dearie!! tnx for sharing our excitement with the little kiddo :o)

yummm, hands down talaga ako whenever you share stuff like this in your blog :o) you always inspire me to be creative with whatever is available in our fridge, hahaa :o)

maybe when i start craving for something sweet, i should make this post of yours come in handy, hehee. at least i can say it's homemade :o)

anyhoo, lapit na vacation nyo, hehee. i'm guessing it's your anniv getaway? you'd love bohol, promise!!!

you take care always!!!

:o)

Marj and Carlos said...

Love cheesecake myself. I made a fantastic cheesecake many, many moons ago. It turned out great. Unfortunately I lost the recipe.