Sunday, July 06, 2008

Summer means...




Berries and pies! ;) Ok, I have yet to learn how to make a good 'decorating' technique but I thought I'd use my cute little cookie cutters and that's why you have 4 openings on the pie. lol This is the first berry pie I attempted so pardon the unattractiveness of it all! hahaha





Blooms and foliage! :) As we just recently moved in our place, I have not tried to do anything garden-y so this is the closest you will find with flowers in our home for now. My dear hubby got this for me when he went home from being out of town for three weeks! Next time when I can sneak in the camera outside (and I hope my neighbours don't think I'm stalking them!!!) I will post some of the flowers that are in full bloom!!!



Fence building. It's a suburbanite living expectation, I guess. lol Since we took possession in September, all B was yakking about was about getting his fence. So, after all the June rainshowers has let up, we are finally getting into the first bit of doing the fence. And yes, we're building from the ground up! No pre-made fence board out here - just truly, nailed down, hole-dug, cement mixed posts done by our bare hands. K, hubby's bro was our mentor and I just helped a bit by making sure they are hydrated, picked up all the mess (except for the soil) and held the posts until they are straight and level. Below is a pic of B and F (our good friend) having a chat while waiting for the nail gun to get fully charged.




While the boys are in the backyard, I try to make sure that this crabapple tree that was planted in our front yard still makes it to the next season!!!! We can't find the friggin' 11-51-0 fertilizer that we should be putting on now. And there are 2 more types of fertilizers to be fed to this humble tree soon. Here is our small tree by our yard. Notice how green the lawn is??? :)



Happy Summer! :)

3 comments:

Crinklynose said...

sis, happy happy summer!! that's one nice green lawn! i wonder how we can get ours to be that nice and lush :o) wala kaming patience ni hubby when it comes to gardening, hahaha :o)

anyhoo, thanks for the visit. i know, we're not really expecting this little bundle of joy, we were caught by surprise talga. but it's God's call so here we go, trying our best prep-ing to become parents soon :o)

are you excited with your pinas trip? lapit na! im glad to know you're heading off to bohol :o) it's super nice there and the people are just so warm and welcoming. we stayed at panglao island resort (they have this gorgeous infinity pool as well).

anyhoo, you take care gf! enjoy the summer! :o)

much hugs!

Pat said...

weng, so happy for u! i hope you can post more pics and stories of your home. :)

flowerdrumsong said...

Thanks for visiting girls! :)

Berns: So happy for you with your very awesome surprise!!! :) Sana kami rin soon!!! ;)

Pat: Thanks gf. I have yet to take the interior of the house - hopefully before the end of the year! lol :P Gulo gulo kasi eh - all the tools are inside the house pa...