It's that time of year. Winter is definitely upon us.
Calgary is just thawing out from a deep freeze. We have just came out from a -41C (with windchills), with an average of -28C to -30C without the wind chill factor. And yes, we did survive the 2-week long freezer weather where at many points in the day (outside) while we walk towards the car, I'd stop and ask B if my nose was still there - because I always thought it would fall off from the cold! Exagg for some - but really, when all you can see from each other are the eyes, you'd think you'll lose my nose in the process! hahaha
So now, the dreaded blocked ice. Snow I can tolerate especially if it's sandy-like and powdery - but NOT when the chinooks have blown its might leaving the roads icy. I squeak like a duck everytime I'd feel like I would slip. And my, it's not even funny when you're all dressed for work and you slip! Enough said.
Thankfully, we've been on a see-saw average of -3 to -8C lately. So yeah, after a gruelling -41C, anything after that is WARM! hahaha Only, since the sun has been shy and been hiding in the clouds a lot, dang ice still isn't totally thawed - leaving icy patches and mud everywhere.
Winter get up is always a challenge for me. I have to say, I absolutely abhor wearing the chunky clothes. See, once you step out from your house, it's darn cold but getting into the office, it's mild and sometimes too hot for my terms. So, yes - I know that layering is key - but I have yet to get used to it!!!
And can I just say that my favorite winter footwear is my snowboots!?!?! I tried the one where you put an accessory to your footwear with spikes (similar to soccer shoes) but I get all red when people stifle their laughter because dang spikes are sooooooo noisy - literally, it's as if I am supposed to do a tap dance. GAH! But, it helps me when I walk - so off it went but I'm still saving it just in case I change my mind. ;)
In other news, everywhere we are enticed greatly by flyers after flyers, email prompts and coupons for the holidays. December is here. What have you been up to?
Wednesday, December 06, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
hi, weng! grabe dito rin it's freezing cold! biglang baba ang temp. and i couldn't agree more... xmas is definitely in the air. pero miss ko pa rin pasko sa'tin. haaay...
Faye!!! :)
I know, di ko na alam kung ano dapat ang isuot dahil sa roller coaster temp that we're having too! :( And yes, don't you just miss all the festivities of Christmas in Pinas!?!? TC! :)
Layering is definitely the key. We loved winter when we were in Boston. I enjoyed it sonce I didn't have to shovel the snow, I just need to make sure Carlos is amply supplied with hot chocolate or tea :P
But, driving in the snow is definitely scary!
Post a Comment