Dear blog,
It's been awhile since I last had an entry and to say that I literally am just borrowing time to get by is truly an understatement. It's been ridiculously busy that I barely have time to have a restful sleep. Ahh sleep - how on earth am I able to have a sound snooze when even at my REM I'm seeing work, work, work... seriously!!!
So, how do I unwind and relax? I have been cooking and baking and been trying to work with a few gadgets that I recently received. One of these days, I'll showcase my work - the result of stress - and my way of chanelling whatever ounce of energy left... It makes me happy to see beautiful food - and instead of sulking, I've tried to make some things truly delicious - I swear if you eat some of the treats you'll ask if I snagged the recipe from a popular store...
Aside from the domestic side of things, I have surrendered to an old habit - retail therapy; albeit, mega-mega tempered type compared to an old addiction. hahahaha You must have heard that the new "mall" has opened - and since hubby was working on my birthday, my sister dragged me into this new mall and hello, it's quite a beauty! So aside from the purchases (Tommy Hilfiger capris + top, Banana Republic tops - I scored 3, yay! and LUCKY Brand jeans), I'd say, "not too shabby!" ;)
Finally, now that hubby is in town - we went a second run (hubby's first) to the new mall and he got me a decent pair of Naturalizer (fall/winter) boots. It's not UGGS (thank God! hahaha) but it will do - I guess I opted for it for vanity-sake as the trusty North Face is for the REAL winter deal! He also got me a few GAP hoodies (seriously, I did not realize that I don't have them until I was looking for it when we had a few days of rain and cool weather) so there goes my request. ;) He also decided that I should get a workout pants (and no Lululemon's this time as it's super, super expensive!) and we got it from http://www.onetoothyoga.com/home.html and it's the first store in the north area. It's a bit awkward how their tagline is all about affordability of yoga clothing (We all know it's geared towards the Lulu.. group) but hey, I kinda agree to it though. Lululemon's gears are too dang expensive that I can't make myself buy one - even at sale prices. One Tooth's is definitly resonable con whoasidering that the material used is almost similar if not the same exact type of lycra.
To round up my story telling, hubby got me an iPhone 3G...whoa!!! ;) See, I've always been deliberately ignoring the ads of changing into the smart phone business - but hubby thinks I'm due and so, with it being a gift - how can I refuse??? :) I'm still tinkering with it though - so hopefully one day I'll get the hang of it.
There are a few more events that are coming up. I hope to keep you updated then.
Sincerely,
the blog writer ;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
i enjoyed your shopping kwento :) how sweet of your hubby to take you to a shopping spree *inggit!*
i hear ya on the lululemon prices - but they last though so i think it's worth it to have at least 1 pair when you can splurge on yourself (or, if like me, it's all you can fit into at the moment!). wow north face boots - hardcore winter gear!
Gracie: Thanks sis! ;)
Pia: I know!!! I do have a few choice pieces (as in mega choice pieces lol) and yes, they are very durable so really can't complain even if it's a tad expensive! ;)
Post a Comment