Friday, August 21, 2009

Playing catch up...

You know, there's just too many things to attend to that blogging has always been kinda relegated to the back burner... *sigh*

This summer has been hectic that I never even had a chance to reflect on it... so, what's the lowdown of this very special season?

1. Visits and more visits - with friends and families. In the last week of July, B's family from Yellowknife was in town and they spent the night with us. We had dinner that night at Montana's and the kids were absolutely delightful! Jenna and Ava are starting to get really big now! Guess that's what happens if you only see them once a year (if we're lucky). That (long) weekend, we decided to go up north too for a visit with B's dad and stepmom and for me, a chance to meet my former co-workers from Ayala Health and how nice it was to be with these girls and their significant other/s. As usual, it was a hurried get together - I really hope next time it's going to be a tad longer so we can have really good conversations!!!

2. Made a lemonade - well, not literally - but figuratively... hahaha So you know the saying - when life gives you lemons, make a lemonade... that's the point I'm driving at here... That Sunday when we were on our way back to Calgary, one of my girlfriends was giving me directions on how to get to the Church so we can just hear Mass in Edmonton rather than at home. Well I don't know if you notice but the pinoys I know are not the best in giving directions... We have the address and we followed it to a T but we can't find the church!!! So, because we have at least 1.5 hours to kill - guess where we ended up going? The Legislative Building! :) It was serendipitous! We thought we'd rather do something productive and it was an awesome thing that we have decided to go visit the Leg - it was very informative and hey, it's free as well! ;)

3. Holy hail, batman! That long weekend was supposed to be a chance to do camping again. Seriously, all of B's brothers were all geared up but the dang weather did a complete 360 on us that we ended up having really soaked tents/mattress and sleeping bags - there's no way we can stay in that weather! ;( There were destructions all over the campsite by the River Valley and coincidentally, the folk music festival in Camrose got rained out and there was fatality too... super sad... Long story short, we packed our tents and slept in the warm cozy bedroom in B's dad's basement.

4. My nephew turned 5 - omg, how time flies!!! We had a bowling party by the Community Centre and a small get together in my sister's place... prior to this, I stayed with J's house in Citadel and my niece slept with me on the bed - soooooooo cute!!! This was a fun event even if I did not do any bowling hahaha....

5. Another year of blessings for me.... as I close this entry, I'm officially 30++ and I am praying for more beautiful things for me, my family, my friends and the world....

I hope you're enjoying your summer/winter/spring/fall wherever you guys/gals are...

No comments: