Saturday, July 18, 2009

The sun is out!

Two events have just unfolded. One, is the ever-important oath taking where I was conferred my Canadian citizenship and the other one - is camping!

Yes, camping as in pitching a tent, roasting weiners and marshmallows, devouring endless 'smores (not me though - but the kids - omg, sugar high for sure! lol) and what else - beers, coolers and more beers! I must confess that while this city lass is not the kind who will do the Guiness-book-of-world-records type of adventure, venturing into something simple as camping is always a welcome treat for me. The last real camping I had was when I was a troop leader in gradeschool. :)




The K-Country was idyllic a setting for anything outdoors. You have a picturesque mountain backdrop, pristine lakes, tall, shady trees and wildlife! While we went really old-fashioned and had tents, most people have campers - and if we do this enough - we probably will check and invest in one. In the meantime, the tent is good enough and as long as we have access to a decent washroom, I'm game! :) hahaha

In the meantime, hubby's project is coming along fine. And, this past week, he completed the deck - save for the last plank on the stairs and its rails. Otherwise, we're able to enjoy the extended square footage with the deck's addition! Yay!!! :)

The boys pose by the new deck with the new outdoor furnitures too! :) Ahhhhhh - summer! Love every minute of it! ;)

No comments: