My, oh my! If I were a student I must have been expelled for a full month's absence from the blogsphere - good thing, I'm not! lol There is no excuse - just there is little time to do the Important but not Urgent nature of blogging. :)
That said, one must probably wonder, so where have I been? Aside from work and home, and some visits here and there to my sibling's places for a small get-together or Sunday brunch, the past weeks were dedicated to just chilling and the past 7 days - a movie treat and even a stage play!
We finally had a chance to watch One Week starred by Joshua Jackson. Love, love, love the poignant, beautiful and thoughtful movie. I guess I'm a sucker for a movie that resembles real life and no matter how some people refer to me as a romantic, I feel that the real ME while a sentimentalist is also a pragmatic realist. So, the tagline of the movie "What would you do?" gets you to the core of your being. If you have been told that you only have 1 week to live - how will you live it? It is a sad movie but I know some people who somehow are in this predicament. And, yes, the waterworks were ON the entire time but equally, there were lots of times that I was sitting with hubby in amazement after seeing the entire central to west Canada unfold before our eyes. I guess we're blessed to have been able to be given the opportunity to live and work abroad. It just broadens your perspective in a big way and it makes me realize a lot about myself too with having to be here in the past 6 years. But, I'm not going to blabber more on this just in case the movie gets to be distributed in your neighbourhood movie store - but really, if it comes out, watch it! It is an indie movie on a limited release so it's a good thing we were able to see it!
My friend E was star in Tennessee William's Glass Managerie. As it was a Theatre Encounter production, you bet there were more shock value than what is just usually a straight play. ;) It was artistically and creatively done as always and while it is another sad play, the actors sure did an outstanding performance giving this tragic play a twist that is not just unique but truly different.
And so what else is new in my neck of the woods? Nothing much but my bigger preoccupation is the question I asked here. Winter, winter go away - please, don't come back until next year!!! We need spring soon... we need flowers and greens and pastels to dominate our wardrobe... I wanna store the jackets and the parka and the down duvets!!! lol Seriously, it's been too long already!
Till next time...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment