Tuesday, March 18, 2008

The "List".

The sombre mood has got me thinking a lot these days. However, more than anything else, there has been a general consensus it seems with how the universe operates and how these days of reflection has got our wires crossed with something of a one-voice, in what we call, introspection. After I wrote my last entry on a Friday midnight, I found myself listening to the priest last Sunday on exactly the thoughts I wrote here. OMG! Then, today the words, 'starting from within' resonates so loudly in the message of the President (for the place I work for) that I had to re-read my entry and affirm that, indeed - something is being sent out there in the vast space about why we need to look further into our selves - to change, to make things right, and to just generally, find peace again.

And so today, in keeping with these thoughts, I would like to write something about a simple, comedic, yet poignant film that has two powerful actors drive me to make my own 'list'. The "Bucket List" drove home one point - that life is short and we should make the most out of it - everyday.

Over time, I must have had several to-do's that I must have been blessed to accomplish. However, there are still tons I want to do that I'm still trying to work and re-work and always, the timeline I wrote was this: IN MY LIFETIME.

Here is an attempt to fill up my bucket:

1. Leave a legacy.

2. Raise a happy family.

3. Learn to skate "properly".

4. Share our faith to my descendants.

5. See the world.

6. Give back to my homeland in a big way.

7. Take a stand.

8. Work with passion.

9. Earn a comfortable living.

10. Strive for 'world' class - not just high class.* (And no, it's not just about monies.)

11. Take my whole family* to a vacation. (By family I meant, my siblings, their spouses, their kids, my hubby and of course, my mom.)

12. Swim and drive.

13. Share more.

14. Be grateful more.

15. Love more.

16. Live more.

3 comments:

Gracie said...

very inspiring list! hmm, i think i should make one myself instead of focusing on the other to-do things list that merely consists of lame stuff. i think my list will have a few in common with yours. (love the 6, 8 & 10!!)

take care!

flowerdrumsong said...

Gracie!!! ;) I think having a 'laundry' list sometimes gives us more focus in our life. Thought I'd write that down here so I can remind myself of them!!! ;) Take care girl!

flowerdrumsong said...

Gracie!!! ;) I think having a 'laundry' list sometimes gives us more focus in our life. Thought I'd write that down here so I can remind myself of them!!! ;) Take care girl!