Last week was like a continuation of what transpired over the past 3 weeks - dizzying changes, week-long shock, electrifying shows then yesterday, for the first time - something unheard of.
Monday - had my performance appraisal so I had to be in the main campus. Sat with the 2 bosses and while this is possibly, my most 'disorganized' PA as I didn't prepare for it (what with the moves and shuttles to and fro), my 'list' got lost in the bustle of things. BUT, I felt that this is possibly too - my best PA ever. Well, aside from one boss who (I know) thoroughly liked me (the other one favours the other assistant who likes to blow sunshine on their arse), everything seemed to be going towards my favour. Funny, but I also blurted out that I felt 'limted' where I am and have honestly told them that I considered going somewhere else (within our College) but I opted not and weighted out other options.
Fast forward to noon and here comes the Dean. She wanted me to go to her office - immediately. For awhile I thought (why didn't I apply in that other position again!?!??!) that it's concerning one of the troublemakers but she looked more nervous and desparate. Then the news.
R: "M, (the other office) needs you. I spoke to the 2nd-in-command in this other department and they felt that you'll be the best fit on their current opening." (the current opening is for an officer post that NOBODY in the College wanted to apply for. Go figure!)."
Me: "Me?!?!? Wow, how did I come into play here?" (We have various movements among admin and it seems that there are more people getting 'promoted' and truly, it didn't bother me because I wanted to focus on my other business anyway... but really, this shocked me to the core!)
R: "L approached me and we talked over the phone about what you do and how you are very crucial in our operations - both here and there (the other department). If you ask me, this will be good for you because it is a good post (2 levels higher than where I am) and we all know how good you are." (Really now??!?!) "Think about it and talk to L about it so you know more about this opportunity."
Long story short, going to this 'other post' is a logical step for me. It will be a secondment so it's always a win-win for me. Frankly, at this point - I'm grateful, proud, scared, excited all at the same time. I guess that would mean I have less time to blog as that place is a high-volume, fast-paced area. But hey, it would mean higher pay and if only for the bragging rights - I would be in an officer post. lol That being said, the search for my replacement begins - and that is going to be another story. And when do I move?? - I think that's a rhetorical question in itself. hahaha
Tues/Wednesday - got most of the new mails. Phoned the electrical company as we can't use the dang lamp in the bedroom. Stayed in the other campus. Rode the train from d/town.
Thursday - watched The Blue Man Group and hey, got the floor tickets too! It was a different show but I felt that the storyline they use was lame (using the shopping network ad - what the !??!?!). How to be a Megastar showcased not just the percussion talents of the blue men but also a powerhouse band and great vocalists - but it didn't leave me ga-ga. Yes, it was fun, yes, the light show was phenomenal but it didn't leave me wanting for more. I thought the children liked it but for the most part, the show was more for the older audience. Not sure if I will want to have another round with them though.
Friday - went to the Customer Appreciation Event of a major furniture company. Didn't find the console table that we need - so, we're waiting for the 'one'.
Saturday - went to the Home & Interior Show at the RoundUp Centre. Spent the whole afternoon there! Saw the gay Scottish duo (Justin and Colin) of HGTV and had an hour of laughs and bitchiness and low-talking of some hideous homes in Canada. It was great as we did get to talk to the security and vacuum people and some basement ideas.
Sunday - attended Mass at the new place. My goodness, this church is humungous! Then, at 6pm, got a phone call from my sister J telling me that my mom's purse has been picked up by some unscrupulous, evil person while INSIDE THE CHURCH! That a$$hole got my mom's monies (about 1K) and all her extension of visa documents - including her passport! So, the mad scramble for this Judas begins. We all just wish that this sonofagun returns all documents - because the hassle it costs is way bigger than just the 1K he/she took!
So, I really hope this week is more normal than usual. We need it!!!
Monday, September 24, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment