I often blogged about people who I am grateful about - whether it's some random people in a grocery store or some stranger who was nice enough to let us pass in traffic. The world is already filled with enough negativity - I thought I'd devote more time being happy and create positive influences because really, it's way easier to do that! :)
One wise person I know (DB of our WFG office) said, "Be in the state of gratitude - and you'll see that life is easier to live everyday." How powerful. How true. And this entry is all about that.
Zary - he's my awesome friend who is every mother's wish for their daughter. Man of God, witty/humorous, responsible, sincere and most of all, a devoted son/sibling/husband, and now - father. He was one of my dearest friends who was part of my important spiritual journey. In many crossroads, he never lost sight of his goal - God and family. He is an inspiration and a great sounding board. Distance did not hinder us from still being friends - and that's really something I'm blessed with. Never forgets one's birthday (maybe because I'm 6 days later than his natal day. lol) and one of the fewest folks who remembered our anniversary among my friends! :)
The gals I met in WAW whose names and links appear here - never met them in real life - except for Pat (Shopaholic) who I have known long before I was even engaged to B. I've connected with them in various ways - and maybe because even if there aren't any real life meetings I sense that some of their characters/personalities present a semblance of me as well. These gals are some of the most articulate, smart, driven, funny/witty/humourous, spiritual, fashionista, well-mannered, forward-thinking, artistic, loving moms and moms-to-be I've ever known. I hop into their sites and get inspired. We all are different but we all are the 'same' somehow. To all of you, thanks - when I am bored, I check you gals up and see what's happening in your world and somehow learn something new everyday. :)
Heather K (of Decadent Delights) and Heidi S-O'C (of Radisson) - Wow. These people were not just 'vendors' from our last wedding - but really, great friends who care!!! Heather, who is our marvelous cake-artist and her husband M, are two great folks we admire. Young yet totally mature, they treat us like family. We always get special treatment and they always make anyone feel welcome. :) Heidi, on the other hand, was the most detail oriented person I've ever met. Professional, smart and thoughtful - one could not ask for a more efficient Banquet Manager as her! :) Our friendship transcended one transaction. No wonder, she's now hired again by the Radisson chain because she knows her stuff. Plus, she is customer service personified. Both Heather and Heidi popped in a special email just to greet us Happy Anniversary! Now, isn't that sweet??! :)
So many people, so little time. I'll end this entry for now.
Wednesday, September 26, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment