However, I think last week's visit to 1410 World Bier Haus (http://www.1410bierhaus.com/) in 17th Ave SW proved to be a serendipitous event and for me, a renewed faith for eating in bars/lounges. They just had really awesome, healthy, gourmet, natural food! I can't get over the fact that the food we had were not just tasty but fresh, spiced right and light. Not greasy, not ho-hum, but actually great and inspired! They have about 70 types of brews (yeah, that's a lot of it!!!) but B was not up for something different so he ordered his usual Keith's while I, indulged in my cosmopolitan.

I've been to some bars that are over-rated as I have mentioned in my previous entries here - and really, the food at 1410 WBH are waayyyyy better than all of the ones we've previously been to. Look at these appetizers of crab and artichoke served on sliced pita wedges. It is delectable as it looks and my, how fresh!
I've been to some bars that are over-rated as I have mentioned in my previous entries here - and really, the food at 1410 WBH are waayyyyy better than all of the ones we've previously been to. Look at these appetizers of crab and artichoke served on sliced pita wedges. It is delectable as it looks and my, how fresh!
Our server (a young gal who can pass as a Victoria Secret model, yes - she's skinny and pretty!) was friendly (hey, she shook hands with us - which is hello, quite impressive!) and she even introduced herself (yes, that's common) AND asked for our names too. (So this one is kinda different) So, +10 on the scoreboard for service. Another +20 for spelling hubby's name right too. See, when we were served the bill, our names were showing on it - and B, who is used to getting his name misspelled - was actually pleasantly surprised with the RIGHT spelling of his name. lol
Our food were done right - B's 100% Alberta beef with bacon and cheese (yeah, what can I say - hubby is so predictable, lol) and ceasar's salad and a side of fries were not just great but totally tasty (according to hubby) and my Thai Mango Chicken that came with spinach salad and lime chicken had an awesome combination of tastes!!! I know it sounds over-dramatic - but we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves when we went there. I don't know, aside from the food, I guess I liked the coziness of the place - it's small yet the crowd is not rowdy and the design is tasteful - not pretentious.
I would have loved to sit in the banquette but it was a Saturday night and we did not reserve so can't complain about that. We had great seats though but it would have been a perfect night if I was able to sit with better seats and not on the bar stool. ;)
Overall though, we are so smitten with this place. The price is good for the quality of food. We give this a 9/10 and another date night adventure in the future.
No comments:
Post a Comment