Friday, September 12, 2008

Let's Celebrate! :)

As usual, I'm tardy... but hey, with a good excuse! ;) With being in a relatively new department, I did not expect anything from my colleagues - afterall, we were in the brink of what was one of the biggest volume we ever had in history of college back-to school activities. So to say that we were all stressed is totally an understatement. But, I think I do have a good chemistry with my work-friends - afterall, my Manager initiated the whole surprise thingy at the office! I was pleasantly surprised because everyone took time in their busy schedules to throw me a small bash. I was so awed there was a basketful of chocolates and brownies all over my area when I came back from lunch. Naturally, as it was a surprise, there are no pics! But, I think even in the midst of all the stress and chaos, I found renewed appreciation with my colleagues and yes, my boss. I guess it helped that she's young (unlike in my previous department where these things never happen!)





Speaking of lunch, I shared my day with two good friends who also work in our College. D and M and I went to Avenue Diner (http://www.avenuediner.com/index.html) in Stephen Avenue to eat good, organic food and had a big catching up as we've not really had chicka for like a good 6 months! It's always nice to walk in the downtown core even if it's late summer. The travelling violinists were serenading the pedestrian while we dined al fresco. The freshness of the veggies and the lean buffalo burger I had are oh-so-good and I guess what made it all nice was the company of great friends, isn't it?


As my dear hubby was out of town, I knew that our celebration will not be until he arrives the tuesday after my day. Well, imagine my surprise when I got called in from the front counter for an awesome flower delivery!




Isn't my husband wonderful??? :) Friends from Manila phoned, and messages from everyone I know and online sisters and my best gf ever from Virginia (M) called too for her wonderful wishes. I normally downplay birthdays but this year seems to be really good as I got awesome surprises one after the other! And for that, I thank the good Lord! :)



Finally, we capped my 3 day celebration with a get together at Cravings Restaurant (http://www.cravingsmarketrestaurant.com/index.html) in the South. The place is supposed to be like the streetlife in Manila except that of course, this is really small and no live band playing. It's casual enough that kids can loiter around after they are done eating but cozy enough that we can chat and eat!

No comments: