Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Of kids stories and introductions.

My nephew Joaquin is like any 3 year old boy. He's active (hyper, sometimes), plays a lot, asks tons of questions, observant, and most of all, inquisitive. He is 'kuya' to his cousin Gianna who is a typical girl - neat and fussy, sweet and demure yet very active and smart! Even though she's not even two years old, her being around Kuya Kin-Kin gets her to be so chatty and a bit advanced for her age. I guess that's what kids are now - they seem to be very independent and in control. I say so because a few weeks ago, I was told of this story by my mom who was in the church with Joaquin.

Here is the scenario: By the foyer of the church, there were a few more kids and their parents. Since Gianna is not around on the same Mass time, Joaquin was left with the adults - his mamoo, his dad and his mom. You can tell from his demeanor that he wanted to walk across the room to two kids (who my mom thought as siblings) because he wanted to play. You know, share his toys and strike a playful stance because Fr. K was on a roll with his homily. :P

Joaquin: Dad, can I play?
Dad: Later baby because we're still at Mass. Fr. K is still talking we have to listen.
Joaquin: Yeah..... but can I go there? (pointing to the room where the two kids are)
Dad: Why?
Joaquin: I want to go there and share my toys.
Dad: Are you sure?

Silence

Joaquin: I want to play my toys with them, daddy....
Dad: Okay.

Joaquin was intently looking at the kids and can't stay put. You know he's just itching to go and huddle with the kids...

Dad: Ok, you go but don't be too noisy, ok?
Joaquin: Ok...

After a few steps towards the kids, he turned back...then whispered to his dad...

Joaquin: Ah, dad, what do I say to the kids? So I can play?
Dad: Oh, you say hi to them...
Joaquin: Ok, and then....
Dad: Then you tell them who you are....
Joaquin: Ok, I'll tell them... Hi, how are you? I'm GANDALF!
Dad: (trying not to laugh) Noooo... don't tell them you're Gandalf because that's not your name... What's your name?
Joaquin: I'm Joaquin M******!
Dad: Good boy!

And the chattiness starts... Overheard on the kids' talk....

Joaquin: Hi... do you like hockey? I like it so much and my Uncle B (my hubby) will be teaching me to ice skate... Do you skate? It's funnnnnnnn!!!! Like the Flames when they are on tv - you know when they shout your name "number 1, Joaquinnnnnnnnnnnnn M******!!!!!!!!!!!" (like the person who does voice over!) hahahahaha

Then he goes "dan danan danan dan danan danan... to the tune of Hockey Night in Canada"....hahahahaha

Hilarious!!!!! Can you imagine??!?!?!

I asked my mom, so what did the two kids did? They laughed and played and chatted a lot!!!

Ahhh... to be a kid again... :)

No comments: