Crazy weather is upon us. And, while I don't like harping on the what is already stale news on the environmental front, one can't help but reflect why all these things are just not going away. There has been tons of avalanche warning in the mountains - so that meant, we are postponing any trips to the Rockies as you'll never know when the best times to go unless the ice have thawed but then, it's still winter, isn't it?!?!?
And because it's winter, who would ever think of tornadoes at this time of year!?!? TN has been hit and the calamity has struck many quiet lives with an F4 without a warning! In our own neck of the woods, we've been getting dangerously cold wind chills and that meant we have to really dress warmly and also, dress appropriately! So, the stilletos can't go out yet even if you think that there is warmer weather as the sun shiny appearance would still mean -35C!
In other news, we are saddled with tons of invites. Two weddings are in our calendars but because of our crazy schedules we probably won't even go. :( The Seattle date for sure is a no-go as dear husband can't get the time off!!!! :( June is a no-go as of now because of the timing - hmmmm... so it looks like we're doing summer in Canada instead.
Life has been truly unraveling fast I've had no time to document them. Not even our house pictures - imagine that! Or, could it be that I just have been dedicating my time to more productive outfits like the business that I really had no chance to do the 'not so urgent ones'?
M's dad passed away and we had a chance to talk before she went back home. J is happily enjoying her little bundle of joy last time we talked while her dear hubby is in GA on a conference. S has tied the knot with O and her beautiful pictures are a testament to how long distance relationship can truly stand the test of time - I wish though that O can come soon so my dear gf S won't be so lonely in the winter months like this.
My FB girls who are my W@W finds seems like they're doing well - that goes to P of Vancouver, M of SanFo and cupie of AZ. My families are also very busily doing their own things the only times we see each other would be Sunday Mass - if we go up north.
I guess we just trudge along life and embrace what it brings - despite all craziness that goes with it. I have not wrapped my head around how I'm in one place at work but am really supporting my other (ex) Department with advise and tons of handholding; then, hubby and I are also trying to get our own enterprise off the ground so we can better function outside our 8-5 M-F routine. Someday, somehow, life will be as what we imagine things to be.
In the meantime, I am willfully and purposedly saying to myself to take things as it comes one day at a time. We will achieve what we hope for and things will settle in the appropriate place - because it will and with a God who sees our hearts, He will always deliver and surprise us with more.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
it's good to read updates from you. hope your business takes off really soon. Aldrich and I are thinking of something too so that we can get out of the rat race. i'm not cut out for the corporate world. btw, notice my blog has gone through many changes? hopefully i can get into the paid blogging bandwagon and get some moolah out of it.
i know what you mean, girl! we're getting ready and have all our plans in place so we can slowly transition into being business owners instead of being corporate slaves!!! take care, p! ;)
Everyhting takes time. Rome wasn't built in a day. We'll all get where we want to be ... eventually :P Hope everything else is well with you.
Marj! :) Great to hear from you! Yes, thanks for the comforting words... Things are great. Will hop to your site in a bit. Take care!!!
Mabuhay FlowerDrumSong. Kamusta Ka? I stumbled upon your blog quite by accident, but I have enjoyed reading many of your posts. I grew up in Calgary and lived there for 25 years and have since lived in numerous other places around the world including Makati and Quezon City a few years ago when I worked for Joseph Estrada (I'm sure you know who he is). Anyways, I have one question for you but would prefer to ask it offline. Can you email me at deserthillsguy@yahoo.com.
Miraming Salamat!
Terry
hi weng dearie!!! nice to hear from you again sis! i know you've been really busy with the new house as well as your new business venture, so glad that you were able to steal some time to update us on your blog, heee :o)
anyhoo, spring is almost just around the corner... yahooooooo!!! im sure you guys who have been blessed with snow can't wait for the warmer season to come along.. heheee :o) just love love love springtime, heheee :o)
enjoy the rest of weekend dearie!! tc!!
-berns
Terry: sent you a note. thanks for dropping by.
Berns: Hey, hey!!! I know - we're sooo awaiting spring - we can't wait!!! ;) Miss you, sister! ;)
Post a Comment