Friday, October 12, 2007
Dramatis Personae.
From Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dramatis_personae
Reflecting on what the whole 2months have been like - I feel that there's so much to blog about but I'd rather not. Do you get that feeling too? I guess over time, I felt that some words are meant to be left unspoken (or written) but one has to learn to live the lessons some circumstances bring to us.
Let's start with the people who learned that we got a "new" home. I don't know if it's envy or just plain admiration (not!!!) or just plain idiocy - but you know, when people remark stuff like this:
1. Whoa - you got a new digs in the deep south! Sweet!!! (with a smirk on their face)
2. Geez... got a new house in this market - how much did you have to pay for that??!
3. Hmmm... mortgage - what's your interest rate? (then went on and on with how it's best to shop around and just decide based on the interest rate) - this coming from someone who rents out their basement and unabashedly announces to everyone that they are mortgage-free!!
4. Ohhh... a mortgage - so are you broke now?! laughs (this coming from a single mom who lost her house to the ex).
Really now... what we have was NOT fancy. It's a house - true, it's in the South (ie. the 'burbs') - so what?!?!? Why do people make silly and ignorant comments like these!?!?
In my head, this is my reply:
1. Yes, we have a new digs in the deep, beautiful, warmer south - where there's less crime compared to where you live!
2. Enough for you to drool - because we have enough doubling period (financially) if we decide to move up to a different home while you're stuck where you are because you're afraid to take risks!
3. We went with a broker who knows what she's doing and we know of some financial concepts that don't require vending out our home to some people we don't know just because we want someone paying off our mortgage! AND, we were approved based on our own merits NOT because we have to bastardize some mortgage documents. (Legally, you can't have tenants and NOT declare the monies as rent. Wonder if Revenue Canada knows about this person.)
4. Actually, no. We're not broke because we plan for most (if not ALL) of our expenses.
These people are actually the same people who I can't stand working with. Now, am I lucky to be transferring to a different Department soon!?!??!! :)
This list of 'actors' will be the villains in my story line. hahaha
Moving on... Yesterday was my sister's birthday. We had dinner at WhiteSpot in Barlow and had an awesome time with everyone. It's a kid-friendly place although we did have to wait quite a long time for the entrees.
One of my favorite people too (AL) sent me a friendster note to say that she wants me to be part of their wedding - in Manila next year!!! Now, now... would love to go - so, I hope we can swing a good number of vacation leave so we can enjoy our stay and not fly and go like in the past years!
Sooooo - not sure what we'll do yet. We wanna go but I'm crossing my fingers for now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
i can only empathize with you. sadly, there are just some people who just couldn't shush up even when they know that they don't have anything nice or supportive to say.
Hi Gracie,
Mismo! :) Hey, I'll add you in my link, ok? :) How are things with you?
same here, lots of things going on but seemed content on remembering them in thoughts instead of words on my blog.
ay nako, don't mind those people. maybe they just can't think of anything to say.
but having your own home is such a big step. really happy for you and your hubby!
Hey Ana!
Long time, no hear!!! You back in the UK?!?!?! I shall go check your blog now!!! Take care, sis!
Hi Weng,
don't mind those kinds of people. deep down they're just oozing with envy.
show some pics of your home. can't wait to see your personal touch. : )
nakakagalit mga ganyan na comments...=(
Pat: I'll post some soon!!! ;) It's not all 'set' yet as our walls are still a blank canvas but it's coming along... ;)
Alynn: I know!!! Daming inggitera sa mundo. lol
Post a Comment