http://www.canada.com/calgaryherald/news/entertainment/story.html?id=ffa21700-7854-4e37-8af6-0b3e12d46663
http://www.calgarysun.com/cgi-bin/publish.cgi?p=193213&x=articles&s=events
So as not to appear biased, I thought I'd post some of the articles related to his concert. But, for someone who's just into calm, soothing, smart (not trashy) songs - I find that this is one concert I love - after Sarah McLaughlan's. ;)
He does look like a geek - ruffled hair, impressive songs, a strong affinity to the performing arts (he admitted to being a Sondheim fan - way to go, Josh!!!) but yet, he's so down-to-earth and real, he just made the evening lots of fun.
The sold-out crowd not just included the baby boomers who were dressed to the nines, but yuppies and young ones too (as young as 7!!!) were there to be serenaded by Josh. Most of what I have to say were accurately written by the first 'reviewer' from The Herald. But, I would have to add that aside from all the 'entertainment' factor, Josh was there to promote a cause - to live in harmony with each other and stop poverty.
This 26-year old guy just don't have the talent, he's got a heart. And, how many multi-million dollar guys out there are like that?!?!?
The Awake tour proved to be a real "awekening". And, for my hubby and I, we agree - it's one of the best ever concerts we've ever been!

4 comments:
Thanks for your links to the newspaper critiques. I totally disagree with the Calgary Sun critic. You're welcome to come to my Blog for a full review of that electrifying night.
Artidkc: Exactly, I think the Calgary Sun critic has a different viewpoint on what is 'cool'. But, like what you wrote in your blog - Josh does not just "sing", he's got soul and heart - and that, makes him a really great person/performer! :)
flowerdrumsong: You're so right. I'm afraid these days many people find it irritating whenever you're dealing with 'heart' or 'soul'. Also, want to see that movie you mentioned, Becoming Jane. I'm a JA fan too.
Just went to a Garfunkel concert at the Calgary Jubilee Auditorium last night...don't know whether you like S&G, but just thought you might like to read about it. I've moved to a new site, fresher and brighter:
www.rippleeffects.wordpress.com
Post a Comment