This month promises a what seemed like a very busy month. Major activities are in the offing and since I'm not fond of sharing stuff in the future tense, I'd blog instead of what happened in the past.
We got a call yesterday from my sister C who said she has an advanced screening tickets but can't go so she wanted us to have it. It's at Sunridge Cineplex Odeon for Anne Hathaway's "Becoming Jane". B & I were thinking of just having a catch-up (quiet) time as we are getting ready for more stuff in the weekend but, we obliged. And since I am a devotee of Jane Austen, I was more than happy to go while hubby was wondering if this is a movie that he'd want or not. I just said, "hun, it's a date movie." ;)
We are in Sunridge at about quarter after 6 and while I'm really hoping to eat a Subway, that meant we have to leave the theatre and drive still - that's why we settled on Outtakes - it's not bad and it tied us over for dinner, at least.
There was one girl at the till who was doing everything from cashiering, to serving, to cooking. OMG, they should pay her well. So, yes, you guessed it - we were not able to get on early enough to get nice, comfy seats.
Rule#1: Once you got your tickets, go to the theatre and grab the best seats! It's a FREE movie for crying out loud - naturally, people HOARD the best seats.
That ended up me and hubby seated very close to the front row - never mind that I'm having some sort of a stiff neck. Ugh! That being said, most people who take those seats too - are (1) ate first like we did (2) got into a huge traffic going to the theatre and are therefore feeling b!tchy about having to take those sonofagun seats or (3) they were a group that needed to seat as a team (hoarding more seats);
I can live with 1.5 hours with a very close-encounter with the huge screen but what I can't stand!?!? PEOPLE WHO TALK INSIDE THE CINEMA!
Rule#2: For Pete's sake, if you're in a theatre, shut your big fat mouth!
And sad/embarrassing as it may seem, but the ones who do these - are Pinoys! Juicemio, di ko alam kung hindi naiintindihan ang palabas or malakas lang talaga ang boses kahit naka-bulong na. Geezzzzzzzzz!!!! B was very close to yelling at them as they were just 1 seat apart from him. Everyone's looking at them - at one point, I think someone stood up and told them to shush. Ayan, buti nga! Ingay kasi eh.
Last but not least, because you're watching advanced screenings, and therefore, is an invite only party - that nobody wants to find out how you ending up with that seat, whine about not being able to eat, or that you have granola bars in your car - are great to share with an audience - because you know what, we don't care. You could have opted to not go and spare us from your negative state. Unless you were just there for the 'perks'? (raffle)
Rule#3: Advance Screenings only means that you can watch it way ahead of the regular patrons but, you can catch the 'regular' showing some other time. Do you know that?!?!?! If you can't make it, too bad, so sad. Just pay for it on the time it hits the theatres, ok?
What do I make of the movie?
It's good. Watch it. The reviews are wonderful. It's a true story, anyway. (I don't want to spoil it for you, right?) :)
3 comments:
Is this movie about Jane Austen? If this the one I'll try to see this movie. Love Jane Austen and her books :)
Yes indeed! :) Becoming Jane was the basis for all of Jane Austen's books. Are an Austen fanatic too?!?!?! :) *high five!*
wow, i like anne hathaway... i'd definitely make time to catch this movie. thanks girl! btw, saw your facebook status, woohoo! have fun and keep me posted how is it like being in a josh groban concert. i hope he sings "My December"... love that song!
Post a Comment