First, start with the dry ingredients. Preheat your oven to 350F while doing this.
Major and important tip: SIFT your dry ingredients. I find this to be the 'secret' in making a puffy, moist treat!
Mix the dry ingredients and incorporate the eggs...
Add vegetable oil and buttermilk. Scrape down the edges to make sure that the dry ingredients are all mixed in.
Grease your pan/s and place a parchment paper on it as well for easy peel later. Pour the mixture in either a square or round baking pan (I used my 9" spring form pan) and bake for at least 25 minutes. Mine took a bit longer because we live in a high-altitude plane so maybe about 30 minutes. Look at this beauty!!! :)
Let cool for at least 10 minutes. If you wanted to ice it, make sure it's completely cool - otherwise, your icing will melt!!! (Learned that the hard way hahaha - marunong pa kasi sa libro eh... lol)
I did not ice mine as my leftover buttermilk is not enough to make the icing - but everytime I make it, I could not believe how easy this is - and how super moist the cake truly is!!!! :)
Next up, pecan butter tart.
No comments:
Post a Comment