Friday, December 21, 2007

What's up!?!?

Tons of stuff... and that's why I've not had the chance to update until now... funny how at the end of the day, the best thing that can happen after a long (literally!!!!) day at work is peace... and quiet... and a time to just recoup and being still...

Over the months since we moved to our new place - we've learned to (1) wake up super early - because we are in the deep south and thank goodness for dear hubby, we managed to use the other (back) service roads - because dang Deerfoot is a parking lot everyday!!! (2) be more neighbourly - don't get me wrong - we're always a good neighbour but when you live side by side with someone who equally owns a property - you learn to deal with them a tiny bit nicer or else, you can live in the dillhole! hahahaha... our neighbour to the left is an east indian family - and the husband is very nice - always saying hello, making chit-chats, etc but the one to our right - well, except for them shovelling the snow for a few days during the first snowfall, they leave much to be desired. for almost a month, they had 3 cars parked in front our our yard and we can't even get into our front steps! lately, their big labs are pooping like crazy you'd think that the yard that we shared is a crap-zone! sooooo, one more of these stupidity and we're reporting them to the City... gah, where is responsibility in pet ownership!??!?! (3) learned to prep everything in 30 minutes or less for dinner... total accomplishment!!! thanks Trish Magwood and Ina Garten - i've learned to eat more salad, baked stuff and my mom - for sharing some easy tips on making things in a jiffy!!!

Speaking of Trish, I was so in love with her newest (and only) cookbook, I had to grab it right away... Been using her awesome book (which has the same title as her own cooking studio/restaurant in Dupont St in Toronto) and loving every minute of it!!! (Next time, I'll post some of the stuff I made using her recipes). Move over, Donna Hay! :)
On the health side, hubby and I have went on and saw the chiropractor - so much so that B might eventually and truly NOT be subjected to a surgery (Praise God!!!) as his back has become absolutely better and with more exercise - we are hoping it will soon heal better. We've been doing good on the exercise route lately except when there's snow - and the temperature is bone chilling, can't do much with walking outside...
I've been to the 'new' post for more than a month now. I'm liking it better than my other job; however, my 'old' post (and old bosses) were always calling me like crazy for work and info that should otherwise be known either to them or the two (take note, 2!!!!!) girls who replaced me. Working in this new department is good because it's huge and I am learning a lot of things! This is good because I hate (yes, hate with a passion!!!) being stagnant. And, I am expanding my horizon because I'm having (more and) new friends too. EP is one of our new co-workers who has a BFA degree majoring in Drama from UofC. I was floored when I realized that heck, she's a real actor - the one who appears in grassroots type of theatre - but my gosh, you won't know that because she's just one quiet, unassuming - but really down to earth lady! Our love for sushi was one common bond - aside from my dream of acting. lol



On our other business/work, it's having quite slow a progress but we're getting there. And, with a better plan to boot.

Christmas is almost here... so yes, the halls are decked, and the LED lights are all aglow. Yet, sad stories are also in our picture right now... Auntie C (from hubby's side) is going to have surgery for the big C. :( As if that's not enough, one of our good friends from Manila who was once a vibrant and outspoken bank managers I've ever known is in it's Stage 4 of this terrible sickness too. Our friends are going to see him for one last chance this Sunday to sing him carols and hopefully, give him another chance to be really joyful - as the doctors issued a warning that 'he may not make it' till the New Year.

Sometimes, I wonder - where has the year gone? Too much stuff to do and did, yet, there's always more to look forward to. For N, I hope the days will be stretched to a few more months because there's not many time left for his young life. :(

So I wish you all a meaningful Christmas celebration. It's not the shopping list, it's not the presents, the food and the festivities that count afterall. It's the loving, the giving, the forgiveness, and the LIVING that counts.

May the commemoration of Christ's coming into the world give us all a reason to hope and to experience grace once again.

A joyous Christmas to you all!

4 comments:

Mec said...

hope the Holidays were meaningful... and the New Year more promising and prosperous and filled with lessons to be learned :)

flowerdrumsong said...

thanks sis! :) it was and cheers to you and your family too! :)

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year Weng! 2007 went so fast didnt it? Take care :)

flowerdrumsong said...

thanks mia! ;)i hope this year usher in tons of great stuff!!!!